Monday, August 23, 2010

Something Extraordinary about these Pecan Sticky Buns....

Boston, MA
Flour Bakery + Cafe

During a stop over in this fantastic place they call Bean Town... I had to to take the time to go visit a bakery that received special mention on the Food Network, by none other than Mr. Bobby Flay! This particular place was featured on one of my new favorite shows, "THE BEST THING I EVER ATE"!! In this show, celebrity chefs talk about places they have been to that offered a particular dish that they absolutely loved!! So for those of you food lovers that want the opinion of someone with a highly developed palette, it doesn't hurt to try the places and dishes featured on this show!



Having said that, I am a huge fan of all fantastic desserts, being a long time baker, I must say I have developed quite the discriminating palette! So let me tell you... if you ever find yourself in the Boston area... you have got to make the time for a visit to Flour Bakery + Cafe!! You will not be sorry!

These sticky buns are quite the craze and they go fast!! We got there about 11:30 am and they were out... however, much to our delight there was a batch in the oven and we were told it would be about an hour! We ordered brunch/lunch in the meantime and were not disappointed with that either.

A breakfast sandwich with egg and Applewood Smoked Bacon; one word... delicious! The piece de resistance for me was a Sliced Roasted Lamb Sandwich with a Tomato Chutney and Goat Cheese.... need I say more?? I think not!! It melted in your mouth and the flavors all balanced each other perfectly!





I had to force myself to eat only half the sandwich, because I needed to save room for the star of the show!! And the star was worth the wait!! This Sticky bun is everything that Bobby (Flay) said it was... buttery, flaky and the perfect amount of caramel goodness... most sticky buns are too sweet, in my opinion... this one was more buttery than sweet and the pecans with the gooey caramel just dance on your tongue!!



A must try! I know that when I find myself back in the East Coast, there will be a Pecan Sticky Bun from Flour Bakery with my name on it!!



There is a reason their slogan reads: "Make life sweeter... eat dessert first!"

Elle

1 comment: