Thursday, January 21, 2010

Leftovers = New Creation.... Amazing breakfast!!

On my previous posting I offered a simple and healthy recipe for CALABACITAS with QUINOA. I might be speaking for myself, but most recipes leave you with quite a bit of leftovers when you are cooking for one or two people... I personally enjoy leftovers reheated the next day, but I know many who just don't like them!

As an ode to all my single friends.... here are a couple very quick and easy breakfast ideas to recreate the CALABACITAS into a fresh light easy breakfast... I promise this is FAST!

Simply reheat (about 1 cup) of calabacitas in a skillet for about 3-4 minutes.... throw in 2 whole eggs (salt and pepper to taste).... and voila!! ... You have a Veggie Breakfast scramble! (Add more of the ingredients, depending on what you have left and how many servings you need).



Serving Options:
You can eat this plain or tucked into a Sprouted Wheat Tortilla (I recommend the Ezekiel brand), Makes a great wrap and it is very healthy!

You can also substitute 3 egg whites for the whole eggs for an even lower calorie/high protein/low cholesterol version!

This can also work as an omelette, however, that might take a bit longer to make, and I promised this was FAST!

Garnishing with some cheese or fresh salsa livens up this meal!

Who said that making a fresh breakfast would be too complicated? You will have a dish in hand before the coffee has finished brewing!!

Enjoy!!

Elle :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been to Mike & Anne's for breakfast, great place! I recommend Firefly Bistro next time you are in South Pasadena, just a block south of Mike & Anne's. Exotic breakfast menu with live Blues and good drinks. Although I am not a fan of hot chocolate you have to try it at least once, but word of advise share with someone or have it for dessert, it's very rich!

    ReplyDelete